To practice Iaido, currently, you need to register both at federation (NCKF and AUSKF) and local Kendo Dojo, plus a $25 NCIA annual fee(subject to change without notice). For detail, please contact local practice locations.
- All US Kendo Federation Annual Fee:
- $40 / year for 18 years and older
- $25 / year for 17 years and under
- (Federation fee is by the year and not pro-rated)
- Northern California Kendo Federation Annual Fee:
- $30 / year for 18 years and older
- $20 / year for 17 years and under
- (Regional Federation fee is by the year and not typically pro-rated)
- Dojo Fee: Varies at each Kendo Dojo (annually, semi-annually, monthly). Each NCKF Dojo sets their own fee schedules, so you will need to contact the dojo you are interested in attending.
What the fees include
- Iaido instruction and practice.
- Insurance, paid for by the kendo federation.*
- Access to AUSKF and other local federation seminars, tournaments, including NCIA's.*
- Access to Iaido rank promotion tests.*
*: Please note that certain activities may require event-specific fees.