To practice Kendo, you need to register both at the Federation level (AUSKF and NCKF) and local Kendo Dojo with the following fee (subject to change without notice). For detail, please contact each local Kendo Dojo.
Estimated annual fee: $225-400 / yearThere are three levels of fees which have to be paid:
- All US Kendo Federation Annual Fee:
- $60 / year for 18 years and older
- $30 / year for 17 years and under
- $30 / year for full time students
- (Federation fee is by the year and not pro-rated)
- Northern California Kendo Federation Annual Fee:
- $40 / year for 18 years and older
- $40 / year for 17 and under with yudansha ranks
- $30 / year for 17 years and under with no, or up to kyu ranks.
- (Regional Federation fee is by the year and not typically pro-rated)
- Dojo Fee: Varies at each Kendo Dojo (annually, semi-annually, monthly). Each NCKF Dojo sets their own fee schedules, so you will need to contact the dojo you are interested in attending.
What does the fee entitle me to do?
- Kendo instruction and practice (for certain level player, it is agreed to join other Kendo Dojo's practice without additional fee. Please contact each local Kendo Dojo for detail.)
- Insurance (through All United States Kendo Federation)
- Access to AUSKF and other local seminars including NCKF seminars.*
- Access to Kendo promotion tests.*
- Access to tournaments from AUSKF and affiliates.*
*: Please note that certain activities may require event-specific fees.